As of last week, we were notified that The Provider Lounge: A Learning Collaborative for Primary Care Providers to Build Resilience for Themselves and Their Patients was approved for Continuing Medical Education! As of July 2022, providers will receive 1.0 hours per month of CME from OHSU. Imagine me, doing a happy dance last Wednesday when this news came in! First, I was ecstatic, then tearful, then tremendously hopeful.
Let’s work through all of this news so you can be as excited as we were last week!
Ecstatic – my team and I have been working for months to ensure that providers can have access to quality CME regarding trauma-informed practices, wellness, and building resilience. Our hard work paid off and the news was so sweet! Tearful – because we recognized the enormity of what this means – not only can providers have a space with excellent resources regarding resilience, consultation from a psychologist with 23 years of experience, a community of fellow providers to gain insight, share stories, and a TON of online resources but now then can ALSO get 1.0 hour of CME for every Provider Lounge meeting they attend. And Hopeful – so hopeful because this is truly how providers can heal amongst colleagues, help patients respond to trauma and stress and build resilience for their families and patients. We’re changing lives here and transforming medicine by building competency and confidence in responding to trauma!
This means that if you join the Provider Lounge for a year, you’ll get 12 hours of CME that feels like fuel for your soul and a healing balm for your patients! If that’s not enough, here’s what The Provider Lounge offers:
- Monthly meetings, the first Thursday of every month, over the lunch hour. Attend live or watch the recorded session later. We know you’re busy!
- A monthly re-cap of each session with a resource page chalk-full of goodies!
- An entire library of online resources including training videos, scripts for resilience-building interventions and pdfs loaded with educational information for you and your patients.
- Cards for Connection© – Prescription cards to build resilience. Efficacious, trauma-informed information for in-office visits from pre-natal care through young adulthood. And growing! Our providers are LOVING these as a resource and so are their patients!
- We’re also building out other offers within the Provider Lounge at no additional cost! A space for behavioral health providers, coffee chats with subject matter experts on topics of your choice and Provider Lounge Leaders – a monthly meeting for those of you who are leading the way in healthcare.
Offering CME should have tipped you over the edge from, “I’m not sure if I have time to make this investment,” to “How could I say no?”
You need CME. You need to fill up your cup in a community of eers to overcome burnout and overwhelm. And your relationship with your patients will change dramatically with these conversations. Oh, and ALL of what we talk about it guided by trauma-informed,efficacious interventions to support your practice.
That’s a WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN!!!
So, here’s what we’ve got for you – come and check us out in July, even bring a friend. We’re growing at the speed of trust and community! Here’s the Zoom link to join us July 7 at 12:30 pm.
If you’re not convinced, here’s a sneak peek into the Pillars of Provider Lounge:
- We must first care for you because we cannot lose more providers due to burnout and overwhelm.
- Shared wisdom is present in this group. Support and resources will come from each other, in community.
- Medicine is transformed through relational health and relational leadership.
Questions? Just ask – email@example.com – we’re here to support and guide. We truly believe that, together, we’re transforming medicine!
Can’t wait to see you in July!
Have a great week,